Windy Lynn Harris is the author of Writing & Selling Short Stories & Personal Essays: The Essential Guide to Getting Your Work Published (Writer’s Digest Books). She’s a prolific writer, a trusted mentor, and a frequent speaker at literary events. Her long list of short stories and personal essays have been published in literary, trade, and women’s magazines across the U.S. and Canada in places like The Literary Review, The Sunlight Press, and Literary Mama, among many other journals.
- Writer’s Digest Annual Conference – NY
- Tucson Festival of Books – AZ
- Lit Fest (Lighthouse) – CO
- Northern Colorado Writers Conference – CO
- San Miguel Writer’s Conference and Literary Festival – Mexico
- RMFW Colorado Gold Conference – CO
- Sisters In Crime – AZ
- Historical Novel Society – AZ
- Write on the Sound Conference – WA
- Phoenix Writers Club – AZ
- Professional Writers of Prescott – AZ
- Phoenix Writers Network – AZ
- Barnes & Noble – several locations
I’m glad you’re here. I write short stories, personal essays, novels, and nonfiction from my desk (and sometimes the kitchen table, and sometimes the sofa) in sunny Arizona. My work has been published widely, and I’m always sending something new to editors.
When I’m not writing my own stories, I’m working with other writers and helping them get published, too. I’m the founder of Market Coaching for Creative Writers, a mentoring program that teaches writers how to professionally submit their prose to magazines. I also teach online writing classes with my long-time friend, author Lisa Fugard (21 Days to Awaken the Writer Within, Skinner’s Drift). Plus, I work one-on-one with writers, helping them develop their short creative work. If you’re a writer who’d like to get published, you’re in the right place!
If you’d like to talk about writing classes or writing mentorship, or to sign up for my newsletter, please visit the Contact page.