Windy Lynn Harris is the author of Writing & Selling Short Stories & Personal Essays: The Essential Guide to Getting Your Work Published (Writer’s Digest Books). She’s a prolific writer, a trusted mentor, and a frequent speaker at literary events. Her long list of short stories and personal essays have been published in literary, trade, and women’s magazines across the U.S. and Canada in places like The Literary Review, The Sunlight Press, and Literary Mama, among many other journals. Her articles for writers can be found at The Review Review, the 2018 Novel & Short Story Writer’s Market (Writer’s Digest Books), the 2018 Children’s Writer’s and Illustrator’s Market (Writer’s Digest Books), and many industry blogs.
- September 8-10: Colorado Gold Conference – Denver, CO
- September 20th: Desert Sleuths – Scottsdale, AZ
- September 24th: Barnes & Noble at Pima and Shea – Phoenix, AZ
- October 6-8: Write On The Sound Conference – Edmonds, WA
- October 8 at 2pm: Barnes & Noble Northgate – Seattle, WA
- October 26th at 6pm: Writers Networking Night – Phoenix, AZ
- December 1: Writer’s Connection Workshop – Cave Creek, AZ
- February 14-18, 2018: San Miguel Writers’ Conference and Literary Festival – Mexico
- May 4-5, 2018: Northern Colorado Writers Conference – Fort Collins, CO
I’m glad you’re here. I write short stories, personal essays, novels, and nonfiction from my desk (and sometimes the kitchen table, and sometimes the sofa) in sunny Arizona. My work has been published widely, and I’m always sending something new to editors.
When I’m not writing my own stories, I’m working with other writers and helping them get published, too. I’m the founder of Market Coaching for Creative Writers, a mentoring program that teaches writers how to professionally submit their prose to magazines. I also teach online writing classes with my long-time friend, author Lisa Fugard (21 Days to Awaken the Writer Within, Skinner’s Drift). Plus, I work one-on-one with writers, helping them develop their short creative work. If you’re a writer who’d like to get published, you’re in the right place!
If you’d like to talk about writing classes or writing mentorship, or to sign up for my monthly newsletter, please visit the Contact page.
A recent interview with Windy: “No Lazy Manuscripts Can Leave Our Desks.”